So here goes nothing... post number one... the King Cakes begin. I really love baking, so a few years ago I thought (in a moment of madness) it would be great fun to start a new family tradition of making King Cakes. Traditionally they are made every Sunday from Epiphany until Lent. So, of course, I dove in head first.
I usually use the same recipe every Sunday, but by Lent last year we were all over it. So this year I am making a different recipe every week. This week I used Purevege's recipe for Finnish Pulla which I saw sitting around looking delicious on Pinterest. It was wonderful and oh so much simpler than my usual recipe.
Here it is ready to rise
I had to add frosting to hold on the colored sugar. Since the sweet bread is flavored with cardamom I flavored my frosting with clementine and vanilla.
Don't forget to hide a baby Jesus!
And viola...



No comments:
Post a Comment